Construction of a 400 kV line together with a change in the layout of the EHV network between the Warsaw agglomeration and Siedlce
customer: PSE S.A.
performance: 2018 – 2021
Scope of work:
- formal and legal work
- detailed design
- construction of the foundations for poles together with the execution of grounding
- delivery and erection of the poles together with the execution of corrosion protection
- delivery and installation of phase wires
- delivery and installation of OPGW lightning protection wires
Description of the project:
Construction of 400 kV lines together with a change in the layout of the EHV network between the Warsaw agglomeration and Siedlce is an investment project of Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne. The main objective of the project is to improve the transmission capacity of the grid in north-eastern and central Poland.
As an important element of the National Power System (NPS), it will ensure the stability of the NPS operation and security of electricity supply to consumers throughout the region. For this reason, this investment is of supra-local importance and is listed in the appendix to the Act of 24 July 2015 on preparation and implementation of strategic investments in transmission networks.
One of the main criteria for choosing the optimal line layout was the greatest possible distance from residential buildings, therefore the new poles are placed mainly in fields and meadows
The planned 400 kV line is to be built using double-circuit poles over its entire length (49.8 km). It will be equipped with phase wires for two 400 kV circuits and two optical fibre OPGW cables.
Technical solutions for the designed line:
- phase wires: 408-AL1F/34-UHST bundled conductors in an equilateral triangle configuration,
- lightning conductors: 2 x OPGW 48J selected for short-circuit conditions,
- supporting structures: double-circuit, lattice, designed for wind load zone W1 and ice load zone S1,
- maximum span of the wind span of a double-circuit 400 kV line – 450 m,
- maximum span of the weight span of a double-circuit 400 kV line – 585 m.